- To ensure that we have the right skills and resources in place to deliver our services and to manage significant change across the organisation.
- To be a learning organisation that continuously improves and delivers services with the most effective use of our resources.
What we will continue to do in 2019/20
Build a robust flexible workforce that equips and empowers our current and future leaders to:
- support staff development through collaboration with the Health and Care Leaders Senior Talent Board and further development of our senior leadership programme;
- provide career development opportunities for all staff through the establishment of new apprenticeship and training programmes and explore internal and external secondment opportunities; and
- implement our improvement plan in line with the Investors in People framework and the priorities set out in our workforce and organisational development strategy.
Promote race equality by reinforcing the Community Race at Work Charter, publishing our data in accordance with the Workforce Race Equality Standards and continuing to develop and deliver our equality, diversity and inclusion agenda.
Progress the required recruitment to enable delivery of our services whilst minimising the use of agency staff or short term contracts.
Review and improve the way in which information is managed to support the delivery of our functions taking into account the requirements of data security.
Improve our data security so we remain compliant with data protection law such as the General Data Protection Regulation and to retain certification for ISO 27001.
Monitor and increase our response to cyber and other data security threats, learning from our own experience and that of others in order to invest in effective security measures.
Further build on our quality assurance processes, including audit and compliance.
Improve our governance processes including commissioning, delivery and benefits realisation for new projects by evolving our programme management office.
Continue to work to the Government Commercial Operating Standards so as to ensure effective and consistent procurement and drive continuous improvement through enhanced contract management.
View our other priorities:
Page last updated on: