About this event
The course is interactive, using case studies to explore and develop key skills and knowledge required by case managers. The content can be tailored to meet the national framework and procedural requirements for any healthcare setting. Our training courses for Wales are free to individuals who are from Welsh health boards or Welsh governments.
By the end of course, delegates will be able to:
- explain why the decision to investigate in made
- suggest other options to resolve performance concerns
- describe roles and responsibilities of those involved in investigations
- plan for an investigation which meets national requirements
- describe the principles of robust and meaningful terms of reference and write effective terms of reference
- recognise the key skills and attributes of a case investigator and case manager
- describe the components of a robust investigation report
- weight an investigation report against other known information
- explain the characteristics of a management case
- explain the role of the panel hearing and the importance of decision making based on fact
- describe what happens after an investigation, including opportunities for remediation and options for interventions
- describe the potential legal challenges to an investigation
- Concerns about a practitioner’s practice and the role of the case manager
- Dealing with concerns
- Writing terms of reference
- Managing the investigation
- Decision making and recommendations
- Interventions to resolve concerns
- Support for the case manager and case investigator (or investigation team)
- How well did we do?
- Quality assurance of the case investigation process
This training course is subsided by the Welsh Assembly Government to individuals who are from Welsh governments and welsh health boards.
If you are unable to register via Eventbrite, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and a member of our events team will be able to assist you with the booking process.
If you would like to know more about the training courses please contact your linked adviser Steve.Boyle@resolution.nhs.uk Senior Adviser, Practitioner Performance Advice
Page last updated on: