About this event
This two-day training course has been designed specifically for anyone who undertakes the case investigator role in investigations about practitioners, which may emerge from the processes underpinning revalidation or from concerns raised about performance. The training is interactive and uses case studies to explore and develop the key skills and knowledge required by case investigators.
Who should attend?
For individuals who undertakes the case investigator role in investigations about practitioners.
By the end of the two-day programme, delegates will be able to:
- Explore how concerns about a practitioner’s practice arise and identify the most common factors affecting performance
- Explain why the decision to investigate is made and suggest other options to resolve performance concerns
- Describe roles and responsibilities of those involved in investigations
- Plan for an investigation which meets national requirements
- Describe the principles of robust and meaningful terms of reference and know how to work within them
- Collect, review and weight evidence
- Conduct an investigative interview using a structured approach
- Recognise the key skills and attributes of a case investigator
- Recognise their own limits of competence and access sources of support and expertise
- Reference relevant national/local standards
- Write an investigation report with conclusions
- Describe the potential legal challenges to an investigation.
- Day one: 9.45 AM – 6.00 PM
- Day two: 8.45 AM – 4.00 PM
Cost to attend
- NHS body £500 – For those where an NHS body is paying or reimbursing this purchase in full – VAT not applicable
- NON-UK £500 – Individual or organisation residing outside of the UK – VAT not applicable
- Other £600 – Any one/organisation where none of the above ticket types are applicable – VAT applicable
Terms and conditions
For information on the terms and condition for this training course please click here.
Cannot attend, but interested in this session?
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org, to inform us of your interest and we will contact you when the next training course dates are released.
Page last updated on: