About this event
Bevan Brittan are hosting an in person conference on Consent to Treatment.
8 years on from the landmark decision in Montgomery v Lanarkshire Health Board consent to treatment issues present huge challenges to busy clinicians and feature heavily in clinical negligence claims brought by patients. How can the challenge of achieving informed decision making be met?
Speakers and panellists include:
- Mr Edward Bishop KC, Deka Chambers
- Dr Alex Crowe, Consultant Nephrologist and Deputy Director of Safety and Learning NHS Resolution
- Mr John Machin, Orthopaedic Surgeon and Clinical Lead for Litigation, GIRFT
- Dr Louise Austin, Lecturer in Law, University of Cardiff
- Miss Bahar Mirshekar, General Surgeon (with a special interest in oncoplastic breast surgery)
- Professor Emily Jackson, London School of Economics (Medical law and ethics)
- Dr Andrew Demetri, Academic Clinical Fellow and Registrar Doctor in Obstetrics and Gynaecology
- Ms Yael Bradbury, General Medical Council (Policy Adviser/Policy Manager in the Standards & Ethics team)
The event will start at 14:00 and will finish at 17:30, and will be followed by refreshments and an opportunity to continue the discussion.
Please do share with any colleagues who may be interested in attending.
Page last updated on: