About this event
This event being is organised by one of our panel firms, Clyde & Co.
In light of the Care Quality Commission (CQC)’s increasing use of enforcement action, particularly prosecutions, against both NHS Trusts and independent sector providers, Clyde & Co are delighted to invite you to a seminar on 19 March 2020.Speakers will include Judith Duffin from Clyde & Co and guest speaker Paul Spencer from Serjeants’ Inn Chambers
The seminar will cover:
- Statutory framework: CQC’s key functions and powers
- CQC’s involvement in inquests: early consideration of a potential prosecution
- Invitations to caution interview and written responses: how to respond and the consequences of failing to do so
- Limitation / time limits: potential arguments
- Potential fines: the Court’s approach to sentencing
- Practical tips and advice on working with the CQC
The presentations will be followed by a Q&A session, where Judith and Paul will be joined by leading members of Clyde & Co’s health and social care team. The seminar will then be followed by a drinks reception.
Page last updated on: