About this event
The webinar will be hosted by Liz Stokes, Associate, and Elspeth Rose, Associate, from Hempsons.
This will be facilitated by Microsoft Teams.
The online training will cover:
- what is an inquest, why is an inquest being held and why may you be asked to give evidence;
- how to prepare for being called to an inquest including how to write effective witness statements and updated action plans;
- legal obligations of disclosure in line with Direction Orders;
- your professional responsibilities, ensuring that, if required, you have support from the Senior Team with your hospital site/Department;
- how can you help colleagues / people you manage to give evidence;
- what to expect while the inquest is ongoing; thinking about the other people who may attend;
- socially distant / virtual hearings- things to consider: how to give your evidence effectively be it in person or virtually, where to give evidence when working from home, who is able to attend and how the inquest will be managed by the HMC in respect of recording of the inquest etc.
The session will be followed by a live Q&A.
Once you have registered, we will send you details of how to join the event.
Please email Jessica Delplace in the events team if you have any questions about this, or have problems with the booking process (we are currently fixing a problem that means Internet Explorer users are currently experiencing difficulties).
Page last updated on: