About this event
NHS Resolution’s Safety and Learning team, are hosting a virtual forum on learning from venous thromboembolism (VTE) claims in primary care.
The purpose is to raise awareness of the cost and scale of harm, discuss the challenges and recommendations around recognition and treatment of VTE in general practice. We will hear from a range of experts in the field with experience in developing and spreading best practice.
The format is interactive, with delegate questions and panel discussion.
- Learning from VTE claims – NHS Resolution
- Venous Thromboembolism: the campaign for improvement – Thrombosis UK
- Q&A panel discussion
- Jo Jerrome – Chief Executive Officer (Thrombosis UK)
- Professor Beverley Hunt – Professor of Thrombosis & Haemostasis (Kings Healthcare Partners), Consultant, Thrombosis & Haemophilia Centre (Guys and St Thomas NHS Foundation Trust, Strategic Lead in Laboratory Haematology, (Synnovis), Trustee & Founder (Thrombosis UK)
- Dr Matt Fay – Clinical Director of Cardiology (Westcliffe Health Innovations), Honorary Clinical Lecturer (Warwick Medical School)
- Ellen Nicholson – Integrated System Discharge Lead (Royal Surrey NHS Foundation Trust)
- Dr Anwar Khan – Senior Clinical Advisor for General Practice (NHS Resolution)
- Samantha Thomas – National Safety and Learning Lead for General Practice (NHS Resolution)
Page last updated on: