About this event
NHS Resolution’s Safety and Learning team, is hosting a virtual forum on Duty of Candour, learning and guidance.
The purpose of this forum is to:
- understand the importance of being honest and open and involving families
- the relevance of this to the duty of candour
- tips on effectively fulfilling the duty of candour and saying sorry compassionately
- the importance of a just and learning culture
- The format is interactive, with delegate questions and panel discussion.
Duty of Candour programme:
- Understand why the Duty of Candour is so important
- Regulatory expectations
- Putting legal responsibilities into practice
- Being honest and open and involving families
- Compassionate apologies
- The importance of a just and learning culture
- Denise Chaffer – Director of Safety and Learning, NHS Resolution
- Claire Land – Interim Head of Acute Policy, Care Quality Commission (TBC)
- Sean Doherty – Partner, Clinical Risk, DAC Beachcroft
- Andrew Craggs – Head of Health, Hill Dickinson
- Louise Pye – Head of family Engagement, Healthcare Safety Investigation Branch
- Naomi Assame (Chair) – Safety and Learning Lead (North), NHS Resolution
The format is interactive, with delegate questions and panel discussion.
Page last updated on: