About this event
NHS Resolution’s Safety and Learning team, in partnership with the National Infusion and Vascular Access Society (NIVAS), is hosting a virtual forum on extravasation injury claims, learning and guidance. We will hear the clinical experiences of a consultant plastic and burns surgeon, and from the Chair of NIVAS on developing national guidelines. The purpose of this forum is to raise awareness from the extravasation injury claims and to help spread learning and process review across health providers.
The format is interactive, with delegate questions and panel discussion. Please note registration is restricted to NHS staff only.
- Findings and recommendations from extravasation injury claims – iron infusions claims, analysis of NHS resolution extravasation claims data
- Insights and challenges: national extravasation guidance
- The clinical experience and surgical perspective of treating severe extravasation wounds
- What happens next?
- Andrew Barton, Chair of NIVAS and IV Nurse Consultant | NIVAS and Frimley NHS Trust
- Alison Macefield, Deputy Head of Midwifery | Royal Devon and Exeter NHS Foundation Trust
- Jorge Leon-Villapalos, Consultant in Plastic Surgery and Burns| Chelsea & Westminster, Senior Clinical Lecturer| Imperial College London and Chair of British Association of Plastic Reconstructive Aesthetic Surgeons (BAPRAS)
- Lisa-Marie Musgrave, Senior Claims Manager | NHS Resolution
- Samantha Thomas, Associate Safety and Learning Lead (London) | NHS Resolution
Page last updated on: