About this event
This event is being organised by Hempsons, who are one of our panel firms.
Following a successful mediation pilot run by NHS Resolution and CEDR (Centre for Effective Dispute Resolution), we launched a permanent mediation scheme as a further way of resolving clinical claims, whether before or after issue of court proceedings.
Please join us as we and CEDR and Hempsons will share their experiences of the scheme, a year on, and lessons that can be learned for those involved in the defence of clinical claims.
- A year on, has the scheme actually worked?
- How do clinical claims mediations actually work?
- Are there clinical claims which are unsuitable for mediation?
- What can mediation deliver for NHS staff, claimants and their families?
- Who should attend mediations?
- How can clinical and management staff best prepare for and participate in mediations?
- How early can mediations effectively be set up?
Through a practical workshop based on a case study, delegates will experience how it feels to be involved in a mediation and will learn skills to ensure that, if involved in a mediation, they will be well prepared.
This seminar will be of interest to:
- NHS Trust legal and complaints managers
- Clinical directors and risk managers
- Clinicians with an interest in better and earlier resolution of clinical problems
- Panel firm lawyers and barristers practising in the field
- Full-time and Deputy District Judges and Judges dealing with clinical negligence case management
If you have any questions regarding this event, please contact Hempsons’ Events Team.
Page last updated on: