Freedom of information request details
FOI request date:
The following information was requested:
I am advised by the NHS trusts in Cumbria that information regarding large compensation payouts would go through NHS Resolution, therefore I am requesting the following information under the Freedom of Information Act 2000
- The amount of compensation paid by each of Cumbria Partnership NHS Foundation Trust and North Cumbria University Hospital’ Trust to patients/former patients/their families in each of the past five years in response to complaints about the care received from the trust.
- How many individual patients these payments related to in each of the past five years.
- The amount of the largest individual payout made in the last five years
- How many of these payments were made as a result of out of court settlements and how many went to court.
- How many of these settlements were made the subject of non-disclosure agreements, preventing the patient/their family from discussing the treatment they received (and whether each of these were as a result of court/out of court settlements).
- If there is a policy of applying/requesting non-disclosure agreements to compensation payments and if so, what is the reason for this?
Page last updated on: