Freedom of information request details
FOI request date:
The following information was requested:
- Please could you provide me with the total number and the total value of claims paid out by the NHSLA for the financial year 2017/2018 where ‘surgical/foreign body left in situ” is one of the grounds for claiming showing damages paid and costs paid.
- Please also provide the individual amounts of compensation paid for the five biggest awards and please state what the foreign body was?
- For the last financial year 2017/2018 how much compensation has been paid out in total by the NHSLA as a result of wrong site surgery? (ie operating on the right leg instead of the left etc).
- For the last financial year 2017/2018 what was the largest single payment made for compensation as a result of wrong site surgery?
- For the last financial year 2017/2018 what was the total number of claims paid out as a result of compensation for wrong site surgery? Also provide a list giving a brief explanation of each wrong site surgery claim. E.g. wrong eye, wrong knee, wrong kidney etc.
Please note that this question refers to claims paid out in 2017/18 regardless of when the claim
was lodged or when the incident took place.
Page last updated on: