Freedom of information request details
FOI request date:
The following information was requested:
For the period 2008/09 – 2018/19 I would like to make a freedom of information request relating to all litigation claims related to the condition – Giant Cell Arteritis
I would like the following information:
1. How many claims per year were made related to Giant Cell Arteritis
2. What was the amount that each successful claim in each year was settled for?
3. How many claims in each year were unsuccessful?
4. What was the total number of claims for the period?
5. What was the total amount of damages for the period?
6. What individual or groups were the target of each claim? i.e. how many GPs were sued? how many rheumatologists? How many hospitals? For each claim please outline who was being claimed against.
7. For each claim in the time period – I would like to know what the nature of the claim was. i.e. Was it for death/disability/missed diagnosis/delayed diagnosis/loss of limb etc.
8. Please list the top 5 reasons to claim and give damages associated with these claims
9. Please list the damages awarded to every successful claim
Download this information request [Information request for Giant Cell Arteritis]
Page last updated on: