Freedom of information request details
FOI request date:
The following information was requested:
I am writing to request information relating to the pension tax relief issue that is currently impacting a significant number of NHS employees across the country. I would be grateful if you could respond to the following questions. Please advise if you need any clarification and I would be happy to provide this.
- Whether your organisation has a policy of offering payment equivalent to the employer pension fund contributions to employees who opt out of the scheme? And if so
- when was this policy adopted?
- is this option offered to all employees by default, or is it considered on a case by case basis following requests?
- how many employees have taken advantage of this policy since its adoption?
- what was the total value of payments made until the end of July 2019?
- Whether your organisation has made an assessment of the number of employees who are likely breach the annual allowance? If so, what assessment was made?
- How many employees have left employment as a result of pension taxation issues?
- How many employees have applied to reduce their working hours as a result of pension taxation issues? And how many such applications were successful?
- Whether an internal briefing or assessment on the impact of changes to pension taxation has been provided? If so, could a copy of that document be provided?
Page last updated on: