Freedom of information request details
FOI request date:
The following information was requested:
1. How many workplace accidents or personal injury claims filed by NHS staff for each of these years [2017 – 2023]? If possible, could you please clarify the claims by type of role – ie, doctor, dentist or admin staff.
2. If the cost limit has not yet been reached, could you please provide the total figure in (£) for how much the NHS had paid out to staff for workplace accident or personal injury claims for each of the six given financial years.
3. (…), could you please provide the number of cases bought forward by NHS staff over each of the six given financial years for the categories below.
4. (…), could you please provide the total figure in (£) of money paid out to NHS staff who have bought these kind of claims for the categories below.
(a) Needlestick injuries
(b) Slips, trips and falls
(c) Muscular injuries
(d) Faulty equipment
(e) Injuries/illnesses caused by inadequate PPE
(f) Assault in the workplace
(g) Bullying and harassment in the workplace
5. (…), could you please categorise the answers given for question one into cases (a) won by claimant (b) won by the trust/employer (c) settled.
6. (…), please provide the (a) average payout for successful claims of this kind and (b) the highest individual payout awarded for each of the six years.
Page last updated on: