- Status on NHS Resolution Board
- Main occupation/employment
Chief Executive of NHS Resolution
- Directorships, partnerships or registrable shareholdings
- Membership of governing bodies or other public bodies
- Interests of close family members
Brother is a Consultant Geriatrician at Tameside and Glossop NHS Trust.
- Interests from previous recent employment
- Party political activity
- Other interests notified
Helen is Chief Executive of NHS Resolution.
After graduating in Law from Cambridge, Helen started her career in insurance and then moved to the Medical Defence Union (MDU) before joining NHS Resolution in 1998, becoming its Director of Claims in 2013 and Chief Executive in 2014.
She has since led a shift in the organisation’s strategy to increase its role post-incident, particularly in obstetric harm which represents 70% of the £78 billion provision for NHS Resolution’s main indemnity scheme, the Clinical Negligence Scheme for Trusts (CNST). Helen is a Chartered Insurer and Accredited Mediator and has been an advocate of the organisation’s role in encouraging candour in the NHS and in promoting alternative dispute resolution for healthcare concerns.
Page last updated on: