We are pleased to announce that NHS Resolution will be holding a face-to-face national emergency medicine conference, ‘Implementing recommendations: Shared insights to reduce claims in emergency medicine‘, on Monday 9 October 2023 at the Royal College of Physicians. The conference will run from 09:30am-16:30pm with registration from 09:00am. We will be inviting representatives from Emergency Department teams from across England.
This page holds all of the resources shared by our speakers, exhibitors and NHS Resolution staff.
We are inviting each Trust to submit an abstract outlining a quality improvement project within your organisation that is related to the following NHS Resolution Emergency Medicine reports:
Category 1) High value and fatality related claims report
Category 2) Missed fractures report.
The entry criteria are as follows:
- The quality improvement project must directly relate to either of the two reports
- Utilised a recognised quality improvement methodology
- Involved collaboration across the organisation’s specialities
- Demonstrated partnership working across the local Integrated Care System (ICS)
- Resulted in a demonstrable reduction in risk and improved patient safety
We will select one winning abstract from each of the two categories referenced above and will ask the successful Trust teams to present their work at the conference.
Abstracts that are not selected will be considered for the poster presentation.
The closure for abstract submissions is midnight Friday 1 September and abstracts should be submitted to Jenifer.firstname.lastname@example.org.
You will be informed by Wednesday 6 September regarding your submission. If you are invited to submit a poster, we will provide an ePoster template for the successful Trusts to utilise and we will print your poster for display on the day. The deadline for poster submissions will be 25 September 2023.
Programme and speaker biographies:
A draft programme can be found here: NHS Resolution Emergency Medicine conference programme. Please note this has not been finalised and is subject to change.
- Dr Denise Chaffer, Director of Safety and Learning (NHS Resolution)
- Dr Alex Crowe, Deputy Director of Safety and Learning (NHS Resolution)
- Dr Ron Daniels, CEO (The Sepsis Trust)
- Dr Tracy O’Regan, Professional Officer Clinical Imaging and Research (The Society and College of Radiographers)
- Dr Chris Moulton (Clinical Lead for Emergency Medicine, GIRFT)
- Dr Sue Greenhalgh, Clinical Fellow and Consultant Physiotherapist (Manchester Metropolitan University)
- Rabina Tindale (Chief Nurse, Wrightington, Wigan and Leigh NHS Foundation Trust)
- Blackpool Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
Safety and Learning team resources:
The day will focus on our three Emergency Department reports:
Page last updated on: