On Monday 28 November 2022, we will be holding a face-to-face national maternity conference, Collaborate to improve maternity care: respond to, learn from and prevent harm, at the Royal College of Physicians. Part of NHS Resolution’s maternity campaign 2022/25 #ImprovingMaternityOutcomes
This page holds all of the resources shared by our speakers, exhibitors and NHS Resolution staff.
Programme and speaker biographies
Thank you for attending our conference, Collaborate to improve maternity care: respond to, learn from and prevent harm on Monday 28 November 2022. We hope you found it useful.
If you haven’t already done so, please can we ask you to take a couple of minutes to fill out our evaluation survey here: https://www.smartsurvey.co.uk/s/PTFBE0/
Slides from the day
- Setting the scene, headlines for 2022 from our work in maternity
- Current challenges in staffing maternity units
- Maternity eLearning case story modules
- Learning from claims related to neonatal GBS
- Protecting the mental health of NHS staff
- Best practice response and working with families
- Working with families at WUTH
- The evolution of the Early Notification Scheme
- Supporting Staff After Incidents
Recordings from the day:
We are pleased that the majority of the speakers were recorded. If you’d like to watch any of the talks back, please follow these links:
- Talks between 09:30-11:15 including Dr Denise Chaffer, Professor Tim Draycott and Dr Jo Mountfield.
- Talks between 11:45-12:45 including Annette Anderson, Lynn Tilley, Dr Rachel Walsh and Professor Neil Greenberg.
- Talks between 1:45-3:15 including Dr Dawn Benson, Dr Angela Kerrigan, Catherine Cumberlidge, Jyoti Sidhu, Sangita Bodalia, Marianne Rowntree, Dr Matt Julian and Dr Helen Halls.
- The Panel discussion – chaired by Rob Tobin (Partner, Kennedys)
Early Notification and Safety and Learning team resources
- The second report: The evolution of the Early Notification Scheme.
- The second report summary infographic
- The Early Notification Scheme case stories
- All our Safety and Learning team resources.
- Faculty of Learning – NHS Resolution
- Find out more about the Early Notification Scheme.
Our Exhibitors have kindly provided the following useful resources for those that attended the conference.
The Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists
- Roles and responsibilities of the consultant providing acute care in obstetrics and gynaecology
- RCOG updates, guidance and position statements on safe staffing
- Guidance on the engagement of short-term locums in maternity care
- Certificate of Eligibility for short-term locums (CEL)
Page last updated on: