Freedom of information request details
FOI request date:
The following information was requested:
1. Please could you provide me with the total number and the total value of claims paid out by the NHSLA for the financial year 2021/2022 where ‘surgical/foreign body left in situ” is one of the grounds for claiming showing damages paid and costs paid.
2. Please also provide the individual amounts of compensation paid for the five biggest awards and please state what the foreign body was?
3. For the last financial year 2021/2022 how much compensation has been paid out in total by the NHSLA as a result of wrong site surgery? (i.e. operating on the right leg instead of the left etc.).
4. For the last financial year 2021/2022 what was the largest single payment made for compensation as a result of wrong site surgery?
5. For the last financial year 2021/2022 what was the total number of claims paid out as a result of compensation for wrong site surgery? Also, provide a list giving a brief explanation of each wrong site surgery claim. E.g. wrong eye, wrong knee, wrong kidney etc.
Please note that this question refers to claims paid out in 2021/22 regardless of when the claim was lodged or when the incident took place.
Download this information request [Information request for Foreign body left in situ and Wrong site (FOI_5552)]
Page last updated on: