The five clinical negligence schemes we manage are:
- Clinical Negligence Scheme for Trusts (CNST), which covers clinical negligence claims for incidents occurring on or after 1 April 1995.
- Clinical Negligence Scheme for General Practice (CNSGP), a state backed indemnity scheme for general practice. Coverage began on Monday 1 April 2019.
- Existing Liabilities Scheme (DHSC) is centrally funded by the Department of Health and Social Care (DHSC), covering clinical negligence claims against NHS organisations for incidents occurring before 1 April 1995.
- Ex-Regional Health Authority Scheme (Ex-RHAS) is a relatively small scheme, centrally funded by DHSC, covering clinical negligence claims against former Regional Health Authorities abolished in 1996.
- DHSC Clinical covers clinical negligence liabilities that have transferred to the Secretary of State for Health and Social Care following the abolition of any relevant health bodies.
Page last updated on: