Freedom of information request details
FOI request date:
The following information was requested:
1. Please could you provide me with the total number and the total value of claims paid out by the NHSLA for the financial year 2019/2020 where ‘surgical/foreign body left in situ” is one of the grounds for claiming showing damages paid and costs paid.
2. Please also provide the individual amounts of compensation paid for the five biggest awards and please state what the foreign body was?
3. For the last financial year 2019/2020 how much compensation has been paid out in total by the NHSLA as a result of wrong site surgery? (i.e. operating on the right leg instead of the left etc.).
2. For the last financial year 2019/2020 what was the largest single payment made for compensation as a result of wrong site surgery?
3. For the last financial year 2019/2020 what was the total number of claims paid out as a result of compensation for wrong site surgery? Also provide a list giving a brief explanation of each wrong site surgery claim. E.g. wrong eye, wrong knee, wrong kidney etc.
Please note that this question refers to claims paid out in 2019/20 regardless of when the claim was lodged or when the incident took place.
Page last updated on: