The course is interactive, using case studies to explore and develop key skills and knowledge required by case managers. The content can be tailored to meet the national framework and procedural requirements for any healthcare setting.
We offer training courses in England, Northern Ireland and Wales. Upon request we would be happy to discuss if you have specific needs or requests.
By the end of course, delegates will be able to:
- explain why the decision to investigate in made
- suggest other options to resolve performance concerns
- describe roles and responsibilities of those involved in investigations
- plan for an investigation which meets national requirements
- describe the principles of robust and meaningful terms of reference and write effective terms of reference
- recognise the key skills and attributes of a case investigator and case manager
- describe the components of a robust investigation report
- weight an investigation report against other known information
- explain the characteristics of a management case
- explain the role of the panel hearing and the importance of decision making based on fact
- describe what happens after an investigation, including opportunities for remediation and options for interventions
- describe the potential legal challenges to an investigation
- Concerns about a doctor’s practice and the role of the case manager
- Dealing with concerns
- Writing terms of reference
- Managing the investigation
- Decision making and recommendations
- Interventions to resolve concerns
- Support for the case manager and case investigator (or investigation team)
- How well did we do?
- Quality assurance of the case investigation process
In house (per organisation) cost: £5,490 + VAT
Public (per individual) cost:
- NHS England delegate – please proceed if you can pay by card. If not, please obtain a purchase order for the value of your ticket and email your details and purchase order number to firstname.lastname@example.org – £500 (no VAT)
- Funding from an NHS body – please select this if an NHS body is funding or reimbursing your ticket e.g. Clinical Commissioning Group – £500 (no VAT)
- Employed by a GP practice or other non-NHS healthcare provider – please select this option if you are employed by a GP practice or provide 3rd party GP services to the NHS – £500 + VAT
- Independent healthcare provider and charity – please select this if your ticket is being funded by an independent healthcare provider or charity delivering services to the NHS – £500 + VAT
- Outside UK – if you reside outside of the UK – £500 (no VAT)
- Other – if none of the above applies – £500 + VAT
Interested in this training course?
Please email email@example.com, to inform us of your interest and we will contact you when the next training course dates are released.
Page last updated on: