Dr Rosalind Ramsay
Ros is a general adult Consultant Psychiatrist and Deputy Medical Director covering the medical workforce at the South London and Maudsley NHS Foundation Trust.
Ros’s other roles and responsibilities include:
- Peer support psychiatrist with the Psychiatrists’ Support Service at the Royal College of Psychiatrists, and peer support doctor with the BMA peer and doctor support services
- Member of the Individual Support Team at the Professional Support Unit, Health Education England
- Health assessor for the GMC
- Co-editor of the first edition of “Life as a Doctor”, in preparation with CUP
- Medical Member in the Mental Health Tribunal Service
- Trustee of the Bridge at Waterloo.
Prior to Ros’s appointment to Deputy Medical Director she was Trust Associate Director, Clinical Governance which included the role of Trust NICE implementation lead. She was Associate Clinical Director for the Psychosis Clinical Academic Group which involved developing the Promoting Recovery care pathways for people with psychosis across four boroughs. Ros was also Associate Clinical Director for Lambeth adult mental health services, including bed management.
Previously Ros was a founder member of the Women in Psychiatry Special Interest Group at the RCPsych and the group’s chair, and part of the exec team at the Medical Women’s Federation. She’s also been a member of the British Journal of Psychiatry and the Psychiatric Bulletin editorial boards.
Ros has been involved in extensive research and is the author/co-author of a number of peer reviewed publications.
Page last updated on: