Congratulations on completing our case investigator or case manager workshop!
These resources will build on the knowledge and skills you obtained and are here to advise you but be aware that you are responsible for the content you send out.
If you have any feedback on the documents here, or anything that you think would be beneficial to include that is not here, contact our events team at email@example.com.
The following are templates referred to during the workshop that you can use for your own investigations:
- Index of evidence log (excel)
- Index of evidence log (word)
- Terms of Reference
- Witness statement
ACAS (Advisory, Conciliation and Arbitration Service) also provide a set of useful templates.
The following are examples of a case investigator’s report based on the fictional scenario used during the workshop:
- Investigation report – Dr Purple (employed / secondary care workshop)
The following references will support your work:
- Professional codes, national frameworks and guidance for employed and contracted dentists, doctors and pharmacist in England, Northern Ireland and Wales
- Discipline and grievance (ACAS Code of Practice) practical guidance for handling issues
- Return to practice (Academy of Medical Royal Colleges) guidance regarding a doctors’ return to practice after a period of absence
- Specific to contracted / primary care:
- The Medical Practice Information Transfer (MPIT) Form (supports the appropriate transfer of information about a doctor’s practice to and from the doctor’s responsible officer)
- Responsible Officers (ROs) and Human Resources (HR) working together
Support for practitioners
- These organisations can support practitioners in difficulty
- Social media highway code (Royal College of GPs) guide for doctors who use social media and want to ensure they get the most out of their online communications, while meeting professional obligations and protecting their patients. Aimed at GPs but relevant for all health professionals.
Page last updated on: