What data do we collect?
We collect the following information:
- Applicants: Name, gender, date of birth, contact details, contact details of referees, qualifications, professional memberships, employment history, National Insurance Number, monitoring information such as gender, marital status, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, religion or belief and whether you consider yourself as having a disability. We will also hold information on your right to live and work in the United Kingdom of Great Britain.
- Employees: Name, gender, date of birth, contact details, emergency contact/next of kin details, contact details of referees, qualifications, professional memberships, employment history, National Insurance Number, bank details (for processing your salary), monitoring information such as gender, marital status, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, religion or belief and whether you consider yourself as having a disability. We will also hold information on your right to live and work in the United Kingdom of Great Britain. In accordance with our local policies we will also keep audio recordings of formal meetings and hearings which may be held during the course of your employment.
How we use personal data
We use this information for the following purposes:
- Applicants: To administer your application, for pre-employment screening, equal opportunities monitoring and to respond to discrimination claims which may be brought against the organisation. We may also use this information in order to respond to legislative returns, parliamentary questions and freedom of information request.
- Employees: For the management of your employment, including payroll/pension processes, employee referrals for health support and management, and responding to legislative returns, parliamentary questions and Freedom on Information requests.
How we collect your data
Where we do not collect the data directly from you (the data subject) the data will have been obtained from:
- NHS Jobs or other recruitment media used to process your application.
- The Electronic Staff Records (ESR) system via the Inter Authority Transfer process (only applicable to successful candidates)
- Recruiters (if sourced via this method)
- Recruitment Agencies (if sourced via this method)
How long we keep your personal data
In order to determine how long we keep your personal data, we follow the NHS Records Management Code of Practice. You can find information about our retention schedules in our Records Management Policy – this document will outline the duration that we keep specific information for.
Who we share your personal data with
We share information with third parties such as:
- SBS: Our payroll provider, to update employee pay and tax records as required by Her Majesty’s Revenue and Customs (HMRC) and for pension administration purposes.
- Sugarman: Our Occupational Health Provider for pre-employment screening and employee referrals to support health and wellbeing.
- Way With Words: The provider who transcribe the audio files of formal meetings and hearings to obtain full verbatim notes in line with our policies and procedures.
You may also choose to access a number of staff benefits during your employment with NHS Resolution. Should you choose to access such benefits we will be required to share your information with the third party organisations which currently includes, Edenred (for childcare vouchers), Tastecard, HASSRA and Specsavers (eye care vouchers).
Where we are asked to share personal data, and where possible we anonymise the data in line with the Information Commissioner’s Anonymisation Code of Practice.
The lawful basis for processing your data
For all of the processing of personal data undertaken, the lawful basis for processing is:
- Processing is necessary for the performance of a contract with the data subject or to take steps to enter into a contract
Where we have to process special categories of personal data, the lawful basis for processing is:
- Necessary for the carrying out of obligations under employment
- Explicit consent
Page last updated on: