What data do we collect?
We collect the following information:
- Primary care contractors: name, and address, appeals or disputes you have lodged and associated submissions and evidence, including financial, performance and health-related matters with regard to said appeal or dispute. For Performers List matters, the name, address, date of birth and professional registration number and any associated documents provided by the commissioning body. This information also includes the names of any Directors and, where relevant, professional registration number
- NHS staff members: contact details, submissions with regard to any appeals or disputes
- Consultant advisors: contact details, advice as to appeals or disputes, financial information in relation to fees
- Panel members: contact details, professional qualifications, registration or membership numbers, training records, financial information in relation to fees
- Service providers (solicitor): contact details, information concerning involvement in the handling of an appeal or dispute, financial information in relation to fees
- Public feedback on pharmacy applications: name, address, postcode, email address and consultation feedback
How we use personal data
We use this information for the following purposes:
- Determining appeals against decisions in accordance with the NHS (Pharmaceutical Services) Regulations 2013 concerning the provision of NHS pharmaceutical services and GP dispensing services
- Determining contractual disputes between primary care contractors and NHS England
- Determining disputes over the assessment of GP Registrars’ allowances under relevant Directions
- Determining other occasional appeals and applications under various regulations and directions governing primary care
- Responding to enquiries from NHS England Local Area Teams or those acting on their behalf as to whether there have been any decisions taken against a primary care contractor on the relevant National Performers List
Please note that decisions, including the name of the contractor, are published this website.
We also use information we hold for the purposes of internal training and the auditing of our decisions.
How we collect your data
Where data has been obtained indirectly, the personal data is obtained from NHS England and Health Boards (Wales, Northern Ireland and Scotland).
Where we receive data that has been collected from public sources such as public feedback on pharmacy applications, providing we have contact details, such as an email address, we will inform the data subject of the personal data we are holding within a reasonable period of obtaining the personal data and no later than one month. The exception to this is where there would be disproportionate effort (to provide the privacy notice).
We will not share this data with other third parties.
How long we keep your personal data
In order to determine how long we keep your personal data, we follow the NHS Records Management Code of Practice. You can find information about our retention schedules in our Records Management Policy – this document will outline the duration that we keep specific information for.
The lawful basis for processing your data
For all of the processing of personal data undertaken by Primary Care Appeals, the lawful basis for processing is:
- It is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation
- It is necessary for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in the controller
Who we share your personal data with
We share information with third parties such as our legal panel, police, NHS Counter Fraud Authority, the Department of Health and Social Care or other government departments, regulatory and/or other public authorities, to comply with legal obligations or where this is otherwise necessary and it is lawful to do so, including disclosures made to protect patient safety or to enhance public protection.
Page last updated on: