Our Primary Care Appeals service has launched a video outlining its role in the NHS dispute resolution procedure. As an appellate body, the service is responsible for ensuring the prompt and fair resolution of appeals and disputes between primary care contractors or those wishing to provide primary care services, and the commissioners of primary care services, such as NHS England and NHS Improvement and clinical commissioning groups.
The video provides an overview of the various steps in the dispute resolution procedure. It also signposts contractors to useful resources on our website, including past dispute decisions and guidance documents and other resources.
Cases typically dealt with as part of its wide range of appellate functions include:
- Appeals regarding applications to open NHS community pharmacies;
- Appeals regarding applications to relocate or change listing; and
- Appeals regarding breach or remedial notices
Medical, Dental and Ophthalmic:
- Disputes regarding entitlement to payments including GP premises rent;
- Disputes regarding recovery of payments;
- Disputes regarding breach and / or remedial notices;
- Disputes regarding termination of contract; and
- Appeals regarding suspension payments (GPs and Dentists only)
The video is available from the Primary Care Appeals homepage, below the introductory text.