NHS Resolution will be holding an emergency medicine conference on Monday 9 October 2023 at the Royal College of Physicians.
The national event, entitled Implementing recommendations: Shared insights to reduce claims in emergency medicine, is to bring together professionals working in emergency departments across England to share learning from compensation claims and on the ground experiences of how to improve care.
To align with NHS Resolution’s trio of recently published reports, the day will have a particular focus on:
The in-person conference will run from 09:30-16:45 with registration from 09:00.
The event will be chaired by NHS Resolution’s Chief Executive, Helen Vernon, and Ian Adams, Director of Membership and Stakeholder Engagement, and Kate Eisenstein, Director of Strategy at the Parliamentary and Health Service Ombudsman (PHSO).
- Dr Denise Chaffer, Director of Safety and Learning (NHS Resolution) and Dr Alex Crowe, Deputy Director of Safety and Learning (NHS Resolution
- Professor Tim Briggs CBE, Chair of GIRFT and NHS England National Director for Clinical Improvement and Elective Recovery
- Dr Katherine Henderson, Immediate Past President (The Royal College of Emergency Medicine)
- Dr Emma Redfern, Acting Medical Director University Hospitals Bristol and Weston, Chair Safer Care Committee (The Royal College of Emergency Medicine)
- Dr Ron Daniels, CEO (The Sepsis Trust)
- Dr Robin Evans, Consultant Radiologist (Croydon Health Services NHS Trust)
- Dr Tracy O’Regan, Professional Officer Clinical Imaging and Research (The Society and College of Radiographers)
- Rabina Tindale, Chief Nurse (Wrightington, Wigan and Leigh NHS Foundation Trust)